IT Tips For Business
Tips on Technology Planning
* Create a master plan for technology, just as you would draw up a business plan, a budget or a marketing plan.
* Design the plan so that it supports your business strategy and goals. Use it to guide technology buying decisions.
* Think of technology purchases as investments, not costs. And, remember, when you have an overall plan, your company avoids wasting money on unnecessary purchases or quick fixes.
* Start by determining your company’s needs. Look at what problems need to be solved and how technology can help.
* Get expert help to guide you. Check your Yellow Pages under “Computers-System Designers & Consultants,” or ask your local chamber of commerce. As always, get references.
* Use your Web site to build solid, trusting relationships with customers. Trust helps bring customers back.
* Enhance communication with customers. Some small business CEOs put their email address on the company Web site so customers can contact them directly.
* Don’t forget the basics: Post your company’s address and phone number on your Web site.
* Remember that the Internet is educating your customers and making them smarter buyers. Keep pace with their knowledge.
* Respond to emails promptly.
SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business.”